ATP test station
We are a state-approved ATP testing station and a DAkkS accredited* testing laboratory for the Agreement on the International Carriage of Perishable Foodstuffs (ATP).
The international requirements for temperature-controlled transport are high. We are up to the constantly increasing challenges as a conformity assessment authority.
What is ATP?
Since 1970, ATP testing is a guarantee that suppliers provide the hygiene and quality of products within the perishable food chain that is urgently needed. The certification programme ensures safe transport – by rail, road or sea.
The most important characteristic of the ATP tests
- Testing the quality of thermal insulation (k-value) in international freight traffic
- Measurement methods for determining the thermal insulation properties and for determining the performance of cooling and heating equipment
- Type tests according to the ATP Agreement
- Preservation of the quality condition of perishable food during transport
- Repeat test according to the ATP Agreement
- Technical requirements for means of transport for perishable foodstuffs with regard to thermal insulation and equipment with a refrigeration system
- Classification of means of transport according to their suitability and equipment for the transport of perishable foodstuffs
- Determination of the transport temperatures depending on the foodstuffs
The testing of means of transport in service (ATP repeat test) is also part of the ATP agreement, as is the testing of new vehicles according to the type principle. A repeat test is valid for 3 years after passing the test and is due after the 6-year ATP validity period has expired.
As a state-approved ATP testing station and DAkkS accredited testing laboratory, we at VL Thermo-Solutions naturally also offer our customers ATP repeat testing. More information*
Questions about the ATP certification?
You would like to make an individual enquiry or have questions about ATP testing? Contact us now, our competent laboratory staff will be pleased to help you!
ATP test station
VL Thermo-Solutions GmbH
Westheider Weg 30
You need an application for the type test?
Click here to go to the downloads!
*Not part of the accreditation.
The DAkkS accreditation is only valid for the scope defined in the document annex D-PL-21133-01-00.